For and from teenage girls <3
Email us at thinkingofyou18@yahoo.com
Tweet us @ThinkingOfU18

Monday, August 22, 2011

Dear Idoia


Here is the question we received:


"Hi girls! First of all, I'm sorry if I make mistakes in my writting, English is not my first language.
Well, I'm a sixteen-year-old teenager and I do have several problems... But I'm gonna focus just in one which worries me now specially that school is going to start. I'm extremetly shy. That makes my social relationships really difficult, so the friends I have are not really close to me.. also, I'm tired of my grup of friends and my classmates. I'm sick of the same people every single day, but otherwise, It's been such a long time since I don't make any new friends, coz as I've mentioned, I am super shy. And I cannot help it. Plus, I do not like myself in any way. The girls in my school are really pretty and I feel I am always behind them. They are always the spotlight and I don't have any quality so I can like the others. I feel that my life really sucks and I have lost all the motivation in doing the things that I liked before.
I hope you understand me a little bit. Kisses and love!"

Dear Idoia,
     First we need to address that you stated "I do not like myself in any way." Please please please don't think this!! Don't compare yourself to other girls, it kills your confidence! Think about the qualities you do not like about yourself, and think of what you can do to change them. If you can't, learn to love them! Everyone is beautiful, but what really makes you beautiful is your personality and positivity. To overcome your shyness, you may need to work harder at being sociable, but that's OK! Everyone has things they need to work harder at. 
     Music can also inspire you. Here are some of our favorite "pep talk" songs:
- "Who Says" by Selena Gomez
-"Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
- "Change" by Taylor Swift
-"The Climb" by Miley Cyrus
-"F**kin' Perfect" by P!nk
-"Firework" by Katy Perry
-"Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato


Also, if the people at your high school aren't your crowd, don't worry! College and future jobs will introduce you to a lot more people who you share interests with!
Good luck! And don't assume people don't like you, it's a common mistake with a lot of people! Don't be afraid to start a conversation with people either! They won't judge you for doing that! And if they do, THEY are the weird ones! :)

xoxo,
Shane and Honour

No comments:

Post a Comment