For and from teenage girls <3
Email us at thinkingofyou18@yahoo.com
Tweet us @ThinkingOfU18

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dear Alexi

To Shane and Honour:
"Here is my question:
I love makeup and lip gloss and shopping! My parents don't seem to understand! I'm to young to go shop by myself and don't have anyone else to take me. How can I get my parents to understand what I like? I've already told them, but it just doesn't sink in! Also do you have any ways a young girl could earn money, because then maybe my parents would accept it more! "

Hey Alexi!
  One reason why your parents might not want you to wear makeup, is because makeup is a sign of independence and growing up. It can be fun however. Whether to wear makeup or not depends on your age. From 11-12 is a good time to start getting into it. You could wear lipgloss, and mascara on special occasions. It's a good way for you and your parents to learn how a teenager should use it.
   As for buying makeup, you can go with a friend and their parents either to the mall, or a drugstore. You could also try DIY's (Do it yourself projects) at home. A couple ways to earn money is to be a mother's helper. In this job, you can go to a house and take care of a little kid while the mother is there, but does other stuff she needs to take care of, without the kid bothering her. I, Honour, did this with a family friend and it was a great and fun way to earn money. If you need any help, the mother is there for you as a backup. Once you get better at this and get a little older, you can start babysitting. Another way to earn money is to do chores around the house and get the mail and take care of plants of a neighbor who is out of town. You could also convince your parents with reasons why you should be wearing makeup, such as 'It boosts your confidence.'
Hope this helps!
xo,
Honour and Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment